Over the last two years, CUE Library has collaborated with University of Alberta Library (UAL) to establish an open access repository, CUE’s Community Collections, that is housed within University of Alberta’s Education & Research Archive (ERA).
Currently, CUE’s Community Collections contains the following undergraduate and graduate student works:
- Capstone Projects in Undergraduate Sociology
- Independent Research Reports in Undergraduate Biology and Environmental Science
- Master of Arts in Biblical and Christian Studies Theses
- Master of Education Research Project Final Reports
- Master of Information Systems Security Management (MISSM) and Master of Information Systems Assurance Management (MISAM)
- Master of Science in Information Technology Project Reports
- Student Research Forum
CUE Library staff are currently working to get faculty publications into the collection.
Preservation & Access
ERA’s infrastructure is capable of housing a variety of materials, including journal articles, images, and digital versions of research posters. To ensure long-term preservation and access, works that are uploaded to ERA are assigned a Digital Object Identifier (DOI): “a unique alphanumeric string that identifies content and provides a persistent link to its location on the internet” (American Psychological Association, 2019).
Funding Agency Requirements
ERA also provides “an easy and convenient solution for faculty who must deposit their research in an open access repository to meet funding agency requirements, such as the Tri-Agency Open Access Policy on Publications, and is named in the policy as a compliant repository” (University of Alberta Library, n.d.).
For inquiries about CUE’s Community Collections or to have works deposited, please contact Victoria Eke, Scholarly Communications Librarian, via email at email@example.com.