- Create a to-do list and study schedule for your exams. Rearrange and cross items off as they are completed.
- Clear your study space of clutter and any items that may distract you.
Form a Virtual Study Group
- Start a virtual study group with your classmates
- Help keep each other motivated and engaged with your course content
- Quiz each other on important concepts
- Go over lecture notes and readings together
- Giving yourself enough time to comfortably study a little bit each day can greatly reduce your stress levels
- Rewrite your notes in your own words and then connect it to what you know
- Mental fatigue is real and can be counterproductive for long term retention
- Find your study time limit and reward yourself with a break to keep your mind fresh
- Go for a walk outside or grab a snack
Find Your Volume
- Determine the level of sound you can tolerate while studying
- Some students prefer absolute silence, others like the white noise of a TV show/movie, and some students need headphones to play their favorite music
Eat Some Brain Food & Stay Hydrated
- While the stress of finals may have you reaching for junk food and caffeine remember to have healthy meals and snacks and to drink plenty of water
- Keeping hydrated will help keep your brain alert and give you the energy you need to study
- The over consumption of processed foods and caffeine can leave you feeling exhausted and burnt out
Need to talk to someone about final exam stress? See CUE’s Counselling Services available from Student Life & Learning.