Exams are right around the corner, but don’t fret we have compiled a list of our best study tips to help our students thrive not just survive.
- Create a to-do list and study schedule for your exams. Rearrange and cross items off as they are completed.
- Clear your study space of clutter and any items that may distract you.
Find a Study Buddy or Form a Study Group
- Allows you to share and compare notes with your classmates.
- Shared studying for a final exam can help focus students and prevent them from getting distracted.
- Great environment for discussions and self quizzing.
- What?! Yes, don’t leave everything to the few days before your exam.
- Giving yourself enough time to comfortably study a little bit each day can greatly reduce your stress levels.
- Rewrite your notes in your own words and then connect it to what you know.
- Mental fatigue is real and can be counterproductive for long term retention.
- Find your study time limit and reward yourself with a break to keep your mind fresh.
- Go for a walk outside, grab a snack, or hang out with friends.
What’s Your Volume
- Determine the level of sound you can tolerate while studying. This will help you decided where you should study in the library.
- Some students prefer absolute silence, others like the white noise of a TV show/movie, and some students need headphones to play their favorite music. Find your preference!
- Please note: we have ear plugs available for students at the Library Service Desk.
- While the stress of finals may have you reaching for junk food and caffeine remember to have healthy meals and snacks and to drink plenty of water.
- Keeping hydrated will help keep your brain alert and give you the energy you need to study.
- The over consumption of processed foods and caffeine can leave you feeling exhausted and burnt out.